Our aim is to build a secure bridge between each child’s home environment and their future school careers by:
- Providing a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment where your child can develop their confidence, independence and self-esteem and learn alongside their peers through play.
- Enhancing the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community based group providing a sound basis on which your child can build their future learning.
- Working within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
We offer your child
- A well planned and resourced curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes.
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children ensuring that each child is able to develop at their own pace and realise their full potential within the group.
- The opportunity for fun and friendship with children of their own age and with staff.
- The support of a key person.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your own child’s progress.
- Continuity of Pre-school education over two years, leading into the child’s reception year at Primary school.
- Excellent links with local schools. (Children are visited by their Reception Class teachers in the summer term prior to their move to Primary School).
Within the setting, all children are supported in developing their potential at their own pace. Our key person system enables us to monitor your child’s progress and plan our curriculum appropriately, incorporating the needs of each individual child. We offer a wide range of play activities, within a well resourced and stimulating environment with the added benefit that your child’s development can be monitored within a keyworker file which will ensure your child’s smooth transition into the reception year of their chosen primary school. At Little Stars we support, stimulate, observe and record children’s progress to provide a continuous record of your child’s achievement throughout the Foundation Stage.
What parents say
"My daughter is so happy at Little Stars. As a childcare practitioner myself I am very impressed with Little Stars philosophy and care and education to the children. The staff are friendly and seem incredibly motivated. Thank you for all your hard work".
K Macaskill July 2015